Different Floors of the House

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Liberal Racism and the Offer You Can't Refuse

I don't know if you ever get over to Pajama's media to check out some articles or vids, but I suggest you do. Sure, I'm a Bill Whittle fan (yeah, he's leaving PJTV...boo!), like most middle-aged men would be if they were ever to regain what they had lost through the self-extracting, emasculating days of college. If. But one of my favorite dudes over there at PJTV is Joe Hicks, a straight-talking, no-nonsense, man's man.  Love it--in an...ah...manly type of way.

You're going to get a lot of "man-isms" (as my post-colonial literature professor called them) from me. Mainly because...well, I'm a man. Gasp!

Anyway, I was watching Hick's recent video interview with Deroy Murdock (contributing editor, National Review) as the two try to parse out an understanding of why the words "black" and "conservative" have been co-joined in the liberal media as "Black Conservative". Murdock himself underscores the "...capital 'B', capital 'C'".

Interesting.

I'd never thought about it before.  And why would I?  I'm not black.  I'm not conservative.  Not in the big "C" sense, anyway.  But I got to thinking.  I got to thinking about the Sopranos and that shrink Dr. whatsherface.  About how her family would complain about guys like Tony Soprano and the bad rap they gave Italian Americans.  The Godfather, the Mafia, all that.  Admit it: Italian + American =  "I'll make him an offer he can't refuse."  Right?  Well, maybe.  It does for me, an Italian American.  Of course, that's not really fair.  I've been an Italian American for thirty-eight years and I've never once met anyone attached to organized crime...except a few (insert your favorite color here) Dragons--the Chinese and/or Korean gangs.  Oh, yeah, and the U.S. government...and Planned Parenthood.  That's organized crime at it's pinnacle...nadir...whatever.

Hmm.

Just hmm...that's all.

No comments:

type='text/javascript'/>